Have you ever thought to get drinkable water from air? Well, someone else has thought about that and just did it!
The Green Goal meets Michael Bourgon, Chief Operating Officer, Drinkable Air Canada, who shows us how we can actually achieve that.
Everything begins from the need to bring drinking water where it does not exist: “Only 1% of the earth’s water is available as drinking water for human and animal consumption and that 1% is being contaminated by the industrial civilization in which we live.”
How does the technology work? AWG (atmospheric water generator) Technology is the solution to alleviate the world’s water crisis. This breakthrough technology is now available to everyone on the planet today.
AWG machines produce pure drinking water from the atmosphere surrounding the earth. Humidity from the air we breathe is captured by the AWG unit, then converted into pure healthy drinking water.
The comparison to drinking tap or bottled water, which is referred to as dead water (containing very little oxygen), where as the AWG water is referred to as “Live” water, as it is 100% oxygenated water.
Moreover, the product has lot of benefits such as:
- Convenience and environmental friendly
- Stop buying bottled water and the consequence of no toxic waste from biodegradable plastic bottles
- Doubles as dehumidifier
- The water tastes great and it can be enriched with minerals
- More health advantages because the water is clear and free of all bacteria
- Improves air quality
- Self cleaning device and minimal maintenance
Water is very important to the hospitality industry – Michael Bourgon says -. Industry experts indicate the Top-5 most important eco-friendly practices when considering a property to stay in:
- Solar Energy –> 67%
- Sustainable water system –> 43%
- Low-flow showers/toilets –> 36%
- Organic food options –> 31%
- Recycling baskets in room –> 29%
Drinkable Air guarantees tourists that they have no health problems after drinking water contaminated by bacteria, viruses or contaminants. And above all, it can be a valid solution for all those countries where water is not drinkable.